Juan's Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have any job suggestions?

+5
Juan Hermandez
Amanda Johnson
Brick Tamland
Endo
Stevie Colt
9 posters

Go down

Anyone have any job suggestions? Empty Anyone have any job suggestions?

Post by Stevie Colt Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Title says it all

Stevie Colt
Owner
Owner

Spice Memes : 51

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any job suggestions? Empty Re: Anyone have any job suggestions?

Post by Endo Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:49 pm

The Stall Keeper: Basically they are the same as the shopkeeper, but they can build a little stall outside and sell stuff.

It's a very fun job. I always remember building a stall outside and hobos would gather around it, then I'd feed them melons.
Endo
Endo

Spice Memes : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brick Tamland Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Endo wrote:The Stall Keeper: Basically they are the same as the shopkeeper, but they can build a little stall outside and sell stuff.

It's a very fun job. I always remember building a stall outside and hobos would gather around it, then I'd feed them melons.

I like that idea, like a street seller.
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Owner
Owner

Spice Memes : 144

https://juansdankrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Johnson Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Secret Service?

Basically a cop in normal citizen clothes, so you can be shifty and spy on people Wink
Amanda Johnson
Amanda Johnson

Spice Memes : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Hermandez Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Amanda Johnson wrote:Secret Service?

Basically a cop in normal citizen clothes, so you can be shifty and spy on people Wink

We already have a similar job for this.

Detective.

Basically they can be hired by anyone to raid a base (But not steal items and only kill if they need to and they must be alone.) for information or just follow someone for info. Y'know like a private detective. Except that they're neutral so they're not a part of the police, mob, cartel ETC.
Juan Hermandez
Juan Hermandez
Owner
Owner

Spice Memes : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by CaveTalesZ Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:43 pm

BARTENDER
Sorry if I seem a little opressing or anything else bad you can call me, but I used to play bartender all the time on DSRP, and had way too much fun doing so. If it's not obvious what he does: Sell beer, sell cigarettes, own a bar, be a pretty chill dude.

CaveTalesZ

Spice Memes : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Pimping Bill Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:43 am

CaveTalesZ wrote:BARTENDER
Sorry if I seem a little opressing or anything else bad you can call me, but I used to play bartender all the time on DSRP, and had way too much fun doing so. If it's not obvious what he does: Sell beer, sell cigarettes, own a bar, be a pretty chill dude.

+1, but I wish I could +10

I want to not let Brick drive home in his Prop Car because the server Doesn't have cars (thank god bless lord GabeN gaben ) and make him stay at the bar. Would definitely add to RP.

Pimping Bill
Pimping Bill
DarkRP Admin
DarkRP Admin

Spice Memes : 52

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Pimping Bill Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 am

Gaara Of The Sands wrote:S.W.A.T Team (And Leader)

Having CSS (cs:go) Counter Terrorist Outfits, A Riot sheild

To deal whit these Terrorists, (Not that much only Terrorists. But we should have ,FBI, Swat, and so, It would be more realistic than "Super comebine something" (This is just in my head, no rage and no hate)

Also

A locksmith job, that has a lockpick and keypadcracker, So he can help CP/Gangsters, Or litterly get purchased to picklock doors, Should be demoteable if he get catched in helping criminals.

A advanced weed dealer, Whit growing lights and that stuff, And some NPC to sell the weed too.
^This is a thing on scriptfodder i was looking at, It's far better than the potplant we have, This one need lights n stuff.

IKNOW THIS ONE AINT PERFECT BUT...

Aint the realistic roleplaying server kinda "Needing" a pedophile job now there's made a "rape weapon" on scriptfodder aswell

Also, As last one

It would be amazing to see some Creativity tho, There's not that much to choose from At the moment, But the limits is only in our heads

-Gaara

To be perfectly honest, I think recoding all the combine jobs for SWAT would just be too much of a hassle. We already have the combine VOX / Voice Commands working. Just my opinion, I think that RP with combine is more fun because you can build things such as checkpoints that fit the theme. A locksmith job would make it Especially hard for thieves  to break into bases , houses or the PD because the locksmith would tip off the PD a lot of the time, considering that the PD would use them a lot. Juan, Brick or Stevie already coded the thieves to have lock picks. As for the RAPE SWEP, It can be easily abused. Anyone can just roll into the streets and get their friend to stand near a wall and wall glitch in. Same goes for sit anywhere, except it makes RP more realistic.

In conclusion, a -1. I just don't think how it will help the server or RP.

Last edited by Pimping Bill on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar errors / another idea)
Pimping Bill
Pimping Bill
DarkRP Admin
DarkRP Admin

Spice Memes : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Hermandez Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:24 am

Pimping Bill wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I think recoding all the combine jobs for SWAT would just be too much of a hassle. We already have the combine VOX / Voice Commands working. Just my opinion, I think that RP with combine is more fun because you can build things such as checkpoints that fit the theme. A locksmith job would make it Especially hard for thieves  to break into bases , houses or the PD because the locksmith would tip off the PD a lot of the time, considering that the PD would use them a lot. Juan, Brick or Stevie already coded the thieves to have lock picks. As for the RAPE SWEP, It can be easily abused. Anyone can just roll into the streets and get their friend to stand near a wall and wall glitch in. Same goes for sit anywhere, except it makes RP more realistic.

In conclusion, a -1. I just don't think how it will help the server or RP.

Exactly this.

Combine rp allows for a more varied cop RP as you could either go full on HL2 hostile dictator ship (Punishing citizens for doing just about anything) or go for a more Real life (Fair laws and all that guff) to just about anything within reason and would be a pain to edit and find decent models for.

A locksmith job is pretty much redundant given the fact that we have thieves which are the solo crime job, two gang jobs (mafia and cartel) and BMD's can fit the role of selling lockpicks and Crackers. So adding a job that pretty much already does this in just a slightly different way is pointless.

We have meth maker for the advanced weed seller job and that system is already convoluted and complicated as all hell to do. (It's about 60 steps or so to actually make the meth for a large profit)

and for the final suggestion. That is downright stupid and 100% not needed at all. I already said that the rape swep is not being added at all and I'll list the reasons why:

As bill said, you can glitch through walls.
It can be abused to "Rape" people over and over
It can turn people away as rape is a fairly sensitive subject to begin with. Even I know that.
and it's just plain stupid.
The pedophile job is just plain wrong, there's no way that will fit in.

The Rape swep and pedophile job (Or any variants) will NEVER have a place on this server.
Juan Hermandez
Juan Hermandez
Owner
Owner

Spice Memes : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by C Moore Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:06 pm

As Juan said there are a ton of steps to doing meth and possibly weed as well, have not tried. Not everyone has access to or understands the coding of the addon. The recipe given to the player when switching to the meth dealer job is for 70%~ and sometimes is missing ingredients making 72% impossible to make, which in itself gets 37k at the dealer and decreases with the amount sold.

Also, Ever tried making with without physgun? Hardest shit in the world man, try getting everything inside properly without fucking up in one way or another.

Rape is a sensitive topic even if it is in RP and most would rather not tread there for fear of offending.

C Moore
DarkRP Admin
DarkRP Admin

Spice Memes : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down